About the Awards
The 2017 Sporta Awards ceremony offers the chance to champion and showcase the outstanding achievements of Sporta trusts throughout the last year. Building on the positive engagement generated through the first event in 2016, this year’s ceremony will further promote the unique and distinctive nature of leisure and culture trusts, and the broad capabilities of the charitable social enterprise model.
The Sporta Awards will identify and promote the distinctiveness and diversity of the achievements of leisure and cultural trusts in the fields of sport, physical activity, culture and health.
Split over 'Trust Awards' and 'Individual Awards', the 12 categories are:
- Engaging Inactive People Award (large and small trust)
- Successful Partnerships Award (large and small trust)
- Championing Diversity Award
- Community Impact through Combined Leisure and Culture Award
- Workforce Development Award
- Impact of New Facility Award
- Social Enterprise Improvement Award
- Outstanding Individual Award (trust employee)
- Volunteer of the Year
- Trustee of the Year
The Awards are again being judged by an independent panel of leading individuals from across the sport, activity, health and culture sectors. Shortlisting will take place throughout March, and the panel will meet in April to discuss shortlisted entries and decide the winners for each category. Winning applications will be announced on the night.
The independent panel is comprised of:
- Prof. Ken Fox - Emeritus Professor, Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Bristol (Chair)
- Lara Lill - MD, Global Active Ltd.
- John Maude - Ex. CEO, North Country Leisure
- John Wileman - Head of Sport, Community and Leisure Centres, Nottingham City Council
- Kim Atkinson - CEO, Scottish Sport Association
- Greer Roberts - Sustaining Excellence Manager, The Wellcome Trust
- Simon Hughes - AGP Operations Manager, RFU
Applications for the 2017 Sporta Awards have now closed.
Further information about the scheme can be found in the AWARDS ENTRY GUIDE
Attendance at the Awards
Thank you for your support for the 2017 Sporta Awards. More details to follow